This week in ds106 I am asking my students to do a 5 minute overview of a technique or trick they learned in video editing by showing one of their video projects. I’m getting a lot out of it myself as the students teach and give each other feedback in class.
Tonight’s demos included:
- Kierra’s Movie Trailer Mashup mixing The Prphan and Annie
- Tiffany’s Lesson’s with Movie Maker Live for the 5 second / 5 movies Kissing Archetypes
- Stephanie’s Day at Work watch ehr camera track the store where she works, the effects make it.
- Christie’s Silent Bourne (“character was easy since he does not say much”)
- Matt’s Hugo meets Inception mashuo (the pacing and timing are impeccable)
- Keelin’s Educational Tutorial (how to print paper made so easy, great retro effects)
- Saad’s King Kong in the Silent Era uses great effects in Sony Vegas as well as use of layered audio for effects.
- Liz’s Silent Blade Runner nifty editing and gritty look with After Effects.
- Danny’s How to do a Drum Cover done with iMovie and Jing screen casting software
- Hannah’s Alice in Silent Land another with great old effects and music.
What I learned is I want to try my hand at After Effects (a ha, I actually have a full copy on my old laptop). A lot of students are making great progress with Movie Maker; Keelin found a link to the older 2.6 version that has more features than the current ones. Hannah used and shared a free Windows video editor that looks like it had a lot of good built in effects- check out Videopad. Quite a few students took advantage of the incompetech site for old style silent era music as well as the Internet Archive’s 78RPM collection.