What needs to be done this week. All items must be done by midnight Sunday, April 29 You must write up 3 blog posts, detailed below, one summarizing all things done on this checklist, one for your final project, and one for a final reflection.
- Schedule a 30 minute block of time to review your ds106 portfolio Between Monday April 30 and Friday, May 4. Use the tungle.me calendar or contact me directly. Provide at least 3 options for times to meet. IF YOU DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, YOU CANNOT PASS THIS CLASS. Is that clear?
- Organize your blog to be able to show Assignments by type, examples of course participating, daily creates, tutorials written (4), assignments created (4), best of work.
- Archiving Your Blog
- You are required to create a backup on UMW Blogs We will do an export/import process on Friday. Tonight, we will create a holding spot; as a suggestion use the domain for your blog as its name.
- Edit Your profile on the ds106.us site to indicate the URL for your UMW archive.
- Options for future of your blog- let go, or migrate for free to Hippie Hosting service (details provided Thursday).
- Final Projects Post At least 5 paragraphs, including embedded/linked media, and web links to sources as appropriate. This post should fully explain your project to someone not familiar with it. Suggestions to include the idea behind/inspiration behind it; what does it mean to you? what is the story? what makes it storytelling? Describe the process for the making of, including links to all source media.
- Final Reflection Post Again, at least five paragraphs inwardly reflective on this course experience. Cite yourself by links to previous work. These are items you might consider; this is not a list of questions to ask, but ones to guide you. This is your reflection.
- Return to your original post on personal cyperinfrastructure, and write a response/update after your course experience.
- What does storytelling mean to you now?
- What did you gain the most from this course?
- Talk about your best work on assignments and dailycreate- talk about why you picked them.
- What would you say to future students about this class?
- If you were in charge of this class, what would you change?
Ego Surfing – google your full nam ein quotes – who is me? https://www.google.com/search?q=%22alan+levine%22
The history of a wikipedia page Jon Udell’s Heavy Metal Umlaut
Internet Archive Wayback Machine – look up http://umw.edu – why does it only go back to 2004? What happens if you put the wayback machine url in the wayback machine?
Video of other class section class on archiving