When the clams and worcestershire get Scottlo too low to do his daily show, well, they can call in the Dog, that is CogDog, to lend a paw (it’s tricky fitting a pencil behind the ears). This is my first run at doing a show, and depending on how His Lowness reacts, it might be the last.
Justing coming off today’s marathon ds106 zone radio show really energized me; I am not reviewing the shows in detail, but want to commend everyone for the work down to produce the shows, and emphasize all that stuff to get there is as much the learning as the final show. I do note the ginormous magnitude of week 4’s tasks, which is actually only half of week 4 given that the first round of movie work is due Thursday.
And the reaction? Claire and Jessica were quick to tweet the reaction
Omg. This week in #ds106 is going to be killer.
— Claire Patrick (@Cekp1234) June 10, 2013
I offer some obvious advice, and outline what is important in doing video work, no matter what software used. The big thing students, is not to let your wheels spin too long, ask for help sooner than later, or not.
I took a look at the student’s who started out of the gate fast, the rest of you have 2 days to burn! Cited in the podcast are:
- Bowties and Skulls (not sure of their name, an “About” page would be nice) got a great start with Look, Listen, Analyze scene from Nightmare at 20,000 feet, Exploring Nightmare at 20000 Feet Even More, and What Are the Genres of YouTube?: “Internet Killed Television”. I note that the genre she described reminded me of maybe the first internet video peek into someone’s everyday life, back in 1996 when Jenny Cam started.
- Kelly’s Play by Play (please, aim for some more clever titles! That’s what grabs our attention
- Jessica’s Macarena TDC (to I Want Candy)
- Andrew Thomas Macarena (with coach in the mirror!)
- Katy’s Out of Focus Daily Create photo
Music used in LoDown 24:
- “Low” by Cracker
- “Dig The Dog” by Night Trains (hat tip to @easegill for turning me on to this song via ds106 radio)
- plus some lifted clips from LoDown 015
And that’s a wrap!