I don’t regularly use high falutin’ words like “colophon”, so here are this here blog’s kibbles and bits that make it hum (sometimes there is some indigestion). For what it is worth, this blog is powered by cogs, dogs, and WordPress.
WordPress Nuts, Bolts, and Duct Tape
Plugins that are stewn around like a pile of dog toys include:
- Admin Bar Backend Search by Dominik Schilling.
- Akismet by Automattic.
- Artiss Plugins List by David Artiss.
- Creative Commons Configurator by George Notaras.
- Custom Admin Bar by Ve Bailovity (Incsub).
- DBC Backup 2 by Damien Saunders.
- FeedWordPress by Charles Johnson.
- FWP+: Add Attribution by Charles Johnson.
- FWP+: Limit posts by date by Charles Johnson.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com by Automattic.
- Limit Login Attempts by Johan Eenfeldt.
- No Self Pings by Michael D. Adams.
- Preserve Code Formatting by Scott Reilly.
- Social by Crowd Favorite.
- Subscribe To Comments by Mark Jaquith.
- SyntaxHighlighter Plus by Fred Wu.
- Twitter Friendly Links by Konstantin Kovshenin.
- Twitter Tools by Crowd Favorite.
- WordPress Backup to Dropbox by Michael De Wildt.
- WPaudio by Todd Iceton.
- WP No Category Base by iDope.
- WP Super Cache by Donncha O Caoimh.
- WP System Health by Heiko Rabe.
- WPtouch by BraveNewCode Inc..
A few mile stones along the way.
- April 13, 2003 – Blog first appears running in MovableType 2.661, running on an Apple XServe at Maricopa, — this site now archived at http://cogdogblog.com/alan
- April 26, 2005 – Blog migrated to WordPress 1.5, some 800+ entries carried with it as http://jade.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/cdb/, see Internet Archive
- July 20, 2005 – Thanks to a suggestion from Steve Dembo, I registered the domain cogdogblog.com as a short hand URL.
- January 5, 2006 – The blog, posts, stock and barrel, were moved from a server at Maricopa to some free hosting offered by Audree (wonder if she knew the traffic she was getting into?) This was a fortunate move, as at the time I did not know I’d be leaving Maricopa in April
- December 18, 2006 – Due to malicious traffic, Audree was forced to boot me from her server (she was very nice about it, and I understood), so I signed up for hosting at DreamHost, who are just awesome….. well sort of, they do crap on you sometimes.
- August 4, 2008 – I am dumping old rigid categories for tags. Tag cloud now on sidebar, old categories converted to tags, but a lot of old posts need re-tagging. Lots of “old”!
- December 26, 2009 – More than four years passed since I last changed the blog theme, so here I am decked out in a new look with the hoPE theme by Patrick- what I liked was the flicker gallery stream embedded in the header.
Colo.. Coloph… by CogDogBlog, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.