Make Your Own Multipost Bookmarklet Tool
So here it is. Check the services you want to add, and click the big button. That is about all. People seem to delicious.com-ly like it or in a furl-itic manner. I can add more but only for sites that already provide a bookmarklet tool.
See also a similar service from OnlyWire
- Update: Jun 18, 2006 Added new code for EdBloggerNews, since Will created it and I want to use it ;-) Also, despite my best efforts, I am not able to find a good way to make all the windows pop to the front (xxx.focus() only worked on one window)
- Update: Jun 1, 2006 Added new code for linkaGoGo, thanks to an email from Rachel P.
- Update: May 17, 2006 Now if no text is selected on the target page, the tool will attempt to extract a description from the META description tag if available. Thanks to a tip blogged by goto.fritz.
- Update: Apr 7, 2006 Added new code for Ma.gnolia, thanks to several email requests. The code has also been moved to my CogDogBlog site since I am no longer at Maricopa (redirections should work from the old site).
- Update: Feb 8, 2006 Added new code for Shadows, thanks to an email from Prentiss R.
- Update: Dec 7, 2005 Added new code for Yahoo My Web 2.0, thanks to an email from Jamie. Wow, I have no time to play wiht Yahoo!
- Update: Oct 20, 2005 Updated the Simpy bookmark code to newer version, thanks to email from Ralph I. Also added a link to our feedback form to make it less of a challenge to find me and tell me what else is busted or misspelled. Also updated the Blinklist bookmark as it no longer required the cryptic user ID.
- Update: Oct 18, 2005 Due to excessive spam on my Bag of URLs site, the bookmarklet has been modified to include a prompt for an access code. A missing or wrong code will generate an error. I am not too worried since I am likely the only legit user. As this tool is not really a "social bookmark" so it is yanked from this collection.
- Update: Sep 1, 2005 Added tool for RawSugar thanks to blog entry by David Weinberger. Sorted the checkboxes in alpha order, except for BlinkList which still has that goofy scrambled username in the bookmark script.
- Update: Aug 7, 2005 Added tool for BlinkList thanks to tangential surfing from Will Richardson's Jots list. Updated update: Blinklist is the only tool that requires an encoded ID to identify your account. My first tool inadvertantly used my account ID. To find this magical code, you must create the bookmarklet from their site, and sniff the code for the value of Uid=XxXx. Heck, you do not even have an account editing link. Beta beta beta
- Update: Jun 8, 2005 Added tool for Netvouz thanks to an email from Henrik Sjöstrand.
- Update: May 31, 2005 Added tool for Scuttle, the open source social bookmarking tool I found while sniffing around other sites (this is for the main scuttle site, you would have to do some tweaking to make it work for a scuttle installed elsewhere). Also added one for Jots thanks to an email from Tim Yang.
- Update: May 14, 2005 Added tool for feedmarker thanks to email suggestion from "Sage". Also fixed issue for Safari 1.3, 2.0 and FireFox 1.0.3 changes in handling getSelection() method (thanks Joe Maller).
- Update: Mar 27, 2005 Added tool for de.lirio.us thanks to email suggestion from Steven Cohen.
- Update: Mar 22, 2005 Added tool for Spurl thanks to suggestion from Jamie.
- Update: Feb 28, 2005 Added tools for Blogmarks thanks to suggestion from Michel Bertier plus we also now have OpenBM. Oh, I have released the PHP source code under a GPL license.
- Update: Feb 18, 2005 Added tool for Linkroll thanks to suggestion from "sennosen".
- Update: Feb 8, 2005 Added tool for Simpy thanks to suggestion from Otis.
- Update: Feb 3, 2005 Added tool for CiteULike, thanks to suggestion by Marlene (and thanks to Richard Cameron from CiteULike for finding it and showing me my typo!)
- Update: Jan 16, 2005 Added link for new delicious.com bookmark with tag selection features and added tool for Frassle. IE Mac seems not to like
encodeURIComponent. Firefox/Mozilla seems not want to bring popup windows to the front.
- Status: Jan 14, 2005 It might be working. You have to pick a browser. This version now works on Safari, Firefox, NetScape 7, IE (
5.2 Mac, 6.x Windows).