Flickr CC Attribution Helper is a browser script that adds content to any flickr page for photos that are shared under creative commons licenses. It provides two different cut and past attribution texts. The first is designed for blogs and includes the flickr URL to embed the image; the second is a text string suitable for adding to presentations or other media.
Latest Version: 0.810 Updated May 24, 2013 update fixed for cases where users have not created a nick name. Currently theses scripts are available for:
- Google Chrome — available in the Chrome store. Typically extensions update themselves in a few hours of an update, but you can force updates it by going to Window – Extensions (Mac OSX) Tools – Extensions, making sure Developer Mode is checked, and click “Update Extensions”
- Firefox — available as a Greasemonkey script – can update in place to newest version.
- Safari — not yet available as an extension, but I have installed the Firefox script using GreaseKit
Other tools you may want to look at include:
- Open Attribute works for all creative commons licensed content.
- John Johnston’s flickr CC Search and Stamp
- flickr show cc attribution bookmarklet
- Kevin is a picture attributer made by Pat Lockley
The by CogDogBlog, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.