Thanks for those who have volunteered so far for my 5 minute web audio interviews (see details). I have a few more days leeway in the process, and since the audio can be added as an online supplement, I can keep on doing them for the rest of the month or more.
So far it is working out well- I have done 3 using my iRiver mp3 recorder, two via iChat and one via Skype. For the latter, I use WireTapPro to record just the audio out (as the interviewer questions are edited out), and it is pretty quick to edit and save as MP3 with Audacity.
So far I have interviewed:
* Colin Holgate http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/forum/spr05/colin_holgate.mp3 (New York City multimedia developer)
* Ben Brophy http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/forum/spr05/ben_brophy.mp3 (MIT user interface designer)
* Phil Long http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/forum/spr05/phil_long.mp3 (MIT Academic technology Strategist)
* Tom Foster http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/forum/spr05/tom_foster.mp3 (Instructional technologist, Chandler-Gilbert Community College)
* Gerry Paille http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/forum/spr05/gerry_paille.mp3 (Educational Technologist, British Columbia)
* Will Richardson http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/forum/spr05/will_richardson.mp3 (Supervisor Instructional Technology, Hunterdon High School, New Jersey)
(mp3 links here so my own podcast URL will have enclosures).
I would like to get a good variety of viewpoints from different locations, but so far, I have only interviewed the dudes. I am hoping to find some more female viewpoints.
I have a preview set up at
— and there you will find a podcast enabled RSS feed (not yet tested with iPodder software):
Since I have some scanty descriptions in those feeds, I am also using the same RSS feed to populate the page content (using Feed2JS).
So far, this has been simple and quick to assemble. My podcast Feed is hand coded for now. Any grrrls out there want to talk to me?