Okay, this should do it for a while. D’Arcy Norman suggested adding an output option to allow insertion of item date to the list. While in the code, I also made it possible to have an option on the channel display to list the title only (as well as title and description of channel, or no channel information).
That makes four options to twiddle with.
Yes, we could continue to add options until the URL is the length of the Nile, but I am stopping for now.
At least this exercise made me realize that my XML feeds from the maricopa Learning eXchange did not include the dc:date RDF tag for items, which I have now added (in our case, it is the date the item was lat modified).
The tricky part was parsing out the dc:date format, well not so tricky, just blunt force coding.