Thanks, Intellagirl, thanks…
I’ve been tagged for an “8 Random Things About Me” meme.The rules are:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
So here are my 8 random things:
- I loathe web memes like this. Actually I am jealous since every meme I tried to start died in the chute.
- I’m getting a bit more bald and am in total denial.
- As a kid I had at least 11 pairs of goldfished named Wilbur and Orville. None ever flew (oh one Wilbur did, jumped out of the bowl) and none lived longer than 2 weeks.
- Beets make me barf.
- I’ve taken about 95% of my photos the last 5 years with automatic exposure settings. My old Nikkormat shudders in despair and non-use. I prefer composing.
- I have a Panasonic electric pencil sharpener, still working, that I got in 1974.
- My first car was a Pinto (no it did not “blow up”) I sold it ASAP.
- The first LP I bought with my own money was Bachman Turner Overdrive “Not Fragile”
Now time to play tag.. whom shall I bother?
My first car was a 1965 Plymouth Fury II which I named Phil Fury! He was fast; he was huuuuuuge! I literally had to ask friends to help me park it when I drove to school because I couldn’t see over the starboard bow.
Thanks for playing, Alan. 🙂
Automatic exposure? Oy. I think that Nikkormat needs a new home. Tell it to call me. 😉
My first car was a ’65 Pontiac LeMans. We could fit 10 people into that car (and often did). My brother took it out for a drive, was watching a pretty girl walk down the street, and plowed into another car, totalling it. I’ll never let him forget it. Heh.
My first car was a 1976 green honda civic .. $3,000 new.
Alan, I already got tagged three times for this meme! But, I just got an idea .. I’m going to tag the Cambodia bloggers.
My first car was a 1969 Ford Maverick and I still miss that car!
Popping in as a new person, but couldn’t resist telling y’all that my first car was a 1982 Honda Civic…and I still drive it!
I have been seeing your Avator on my blog so I wanted to pop past and say hi. Sorry you not into memes – but I liked this one. But can understand it as most people I tag do not post on the meme.
Hi Sue! Thanks for chming (and twitter following in). I just discovered your excellent work on mobile learning and am hopeful to meet up when I get to Perth this year.
It’s not that I don’t like memes, actually I find them quite interesting– my words were more sarcastic in that I’ve tried over the years to start a few and all have failed miserably.
But wow, look at the comments here- there is some passion around our first cars…