Just like my bookmarks, for a while I have noticed (and done little) about the discrepencies of the RSS feeds I have on my work and home computers. So in the contnued spirit of the work of Brian “Housecleaning” Lamb, I devoted some time to cleaning up the doghouse.
Mainly this was exporting my feeds from NetNewsWire from both machines as “OPML” file formats ( the outlining format/standard used well by RSS aggregators, and doing some manual combining of them into the “official” CDB feed (cdb.opml). This is also what gets indexed by the Share Your OPML site (which is trés cool way of looking at different slices of RSS feeds)
But again,. taking a cue from Brian, I went to my Bloglines account which I had not used much, at all (and wow, lots of new features!), wiped it clean, and was able to in one click, import my new feed (some feeds do not produce nice titles, so they had to be edited in BlogLines). Now Bloglines has the master, and I can reset both copies of NetNewsWire to use the beefed up list of feeds.
Syndicating my list of syndications. Groovy.
The post "Cleaning Up The Syndication Pile" was originally pulled from under moldy cheese at the back of the fridge at CogDogBlog (https://cogdogblog.com/2004/03/cleaning-up/) on March 10, 2004.