An person at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An person in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.
Of course, you usually never see those unbalanced forces in advance. Or, you yourself is the unbalanced force.
A little over 24 hours after returning by train from LA for the DML 2015 Conference, my truck is packed for another travel leg, a loop around Colorado likely not circling home until July 3 or so. Giving me maybe 6 days at rest before the next trip.
Of all the modes, I love road trips the best (except where you are unbalanced forced to drive a 800 mile stretch in a day) for the reasons of not moving at any one’s whim but your own. Like not leaving home in time. But like not really having a deadline today.
The approximate stops:
- June 16- drive to Las Vegas, New Mexico. Not for much reason, except it’s on the way, I have only seen it from a train, and I am staying at a classic hotel.
- June 17 – drive to Denver (hopefully meeting Jonathan Rees for coffee in Pueblo).
- June 18-20 Attending / keynoting at the CALI (Computer Assisted Legal Instruction) conference. Why me? I asked. John Mayer asked out of the blue, they seek not experts in legal instruction. The title of my (still conceptual) talk is The BS of Storytelling. Stay tuned.
- June 19 – hope to catch friend Paul Iwancio playing some music
- June 20 – visiting brother-in-law’s daughter and husband. Maybe a hike.
- June 21 – 22 Hopefully camping with @pumpkiny – our first plans are snowed out. Colorado weather.
- June 23-24 at my cousins in Loveland (maybe a lunch with Bud Hunt). Have to produce a video for a family reunion.
- June 24 – at my cousins in Laramie. Because they are too much fun.
- June 25-26 family reunion in Loveland
- June 26 – drive to Glenwood Springs to visit Alice and Rick.
- June 27-28 – maybe visit Oogie and Ken in Paonia. Because of black sheep and Revolotion Brewery.
- June 29-30 – visit friend Mike in Durango (hey Mike!)
- July 1 or 2 – timeline is fuzzy but hopefully home for a week.
All subject to change of course.
Time to get on the road, get this body in motion.
Here’s to inertia and unbalanced forces.
The post "Putting Newton’s Law of Motion in Motion" was originally pushed out of the bottom of a purple jar of Play-Doh at CogDogBlog (https://cogdogblog.com/2015/06/law-of-motion/) on June 16, 2015.