I have been deeply touched by the (most ever at CDB) comments to my Into the Great Wide Open post as well as the #roadsongs shared on ds106 radio yesterday, masterfully conducted by the dog’s favorite bava.
Late last night (after midnight here on Left Coast Time), I grabbed the ds106 mic to play a set of my own songs, some road related, some about “the call” with a bit of stream of conscious rambling over and in between the songs.
This time I managed to hit the Nicecast archive button…
The play list included:
- It’s My Life (The Animals)
- This Is A Call (Foo Fighters)
- Farewell Ride (Beck )
- Rusty Old Ford (Danny Griego)
- Call Me The Breeze [Live] (J.J. Cale)
- Meet Me In The Morning (Bob Dylan)
- I’ll Be Glad (Hans Olson)
- A Gallon Of Gas (The Kinks)
- The New Lee Highway Blues (David Bromberg)
Also shared with me by Nicole, was that Canada, advanced in its vision, had long ago a show about my travels
And the gifts keep rolling in. Grant Potter made a huge Mixtape of Canadian road songs
You can listen to this on the playlist Grant made on CBC Radio 9how cool is that!