I have been deeply touched by the (most ever at CDB) comments to my Into the Great Wide Open post as well as the #roadsongs shared on ds106 radio yesterday, masterfully conducted by the dog’s favorite bava.
Late last night (after midnight here on Left Coast Time), I grabbed the ds106 mic to play a set of my own songs, some road related, some about “the call” with a bit of stream of conscious rambling over and in between the songs.
This time I managed to hit the Nicecast archive button…
The play list included:
- It’s My Life (The Animals)
- This Is A Call (Foo Fighters)
- Farewell Ride (Beck )
- Rusty Old Ford (Danny Griego)
- Call Me The Breeze [Live] (J.J. Cale)
- Meet Me In The Morning (Bob Dylan)
- I’ll Be Glad (Hans Olson)
- A Gallon Of Gas (The Kinks)
- The New Lee Highway Blues (David Bromberg)
Also shared with me by Nicole, was that Canada, advanced in its vision, had long ago a show about my travels
And the gifts keep rolling in. Grant Potter made a huge Mixtape of Canadian road songs
You can listen to this on the playlist Grant made on CBC Radio 9how cool is that!
The post "Road Rambles" was originally zapped with 10,000 volts and declared "It's ALIVE" by Dr. Frankenstein at CogDogBlog (http://cogdogblog.com/2011/03/road-rambles/) on March 18, 2011.